How to install Node.js on the system: package manager, official website installer or nvm
Node.js can be installed in different ways.
Let me tell you the most ordinary and convenient person.
The official software packages for all major platforms are available at:https://nodejs.org/en/download/.
Here you can choose to download the LTS version (LTS stands for long-term support) or the latest available version. As always, the latest version contains the latest goodies.
On the site, they have packages for Windows, Linux and macOS.
A very convenient way to install Node.js is through the package manager. In this case, each operating system has its own.
On macOS,House wineIt is the de facto standard, and-after installation-Node.js can be installed very easily by running the following command in the CLI:
brew install node
Other package managers for Linux and Windows are listed inhttps://nodejs.org/en/download/package-manager/
nvmIt is a popular way to run Node. For example, it allows you to easily switch Node versions, and install a new version to try and roll back easily (in case of failure).
It is also very useful to test the code with the old Node version.
Lookhttps://github.com/creationix/nvmMore information about this option.
My suggestion is, if you are just starting and have not used Homebrew, please use the official installer, otherwise, Homebrew is my favorite solution because I can easily update the node by running
brew upgrade node.
In any case, after installing Node, you will be able to access
nodeExecutable programs on the command line.
Download mine for freeNode.js manual
More node tutorials:
- Introduction to npm package manager
- Introduction to Node.js
- HTTP request using Axios
- Where to host Node.js applications
- Use Node.js to interact with Google Analytics API
- npx node package runner
- package.json guide
- Where does npm install packages?
- How to update Node.js
- How to use or execute packages installed with npm
- package-lock.json file
- Semantic version control using npm
- Should you submit the node_modules folder to Git?
- Update all Node dependencies to the latest version
- Use Node.js to parse JSON
- Find the installed version of the npm package
- Node.js flow
- Install an older version of the npm package
- Get the current folder in Node
- How to record objects in Node
- Use export to expose functions from Node files
- Difference between node and browser
- Use Node to make HTTP POST requests
- Use Node to get HTTP request body data
- Node buffer
- A brief history of Node.js
- How to install Node.js
- How to use Node.js REPL
- Node, accepts parameters from the command line
- Use Node to output to the command line
- Accept input from the command line in Node
- Use `npm uninstall` to uninstall the npm package.
- npm global or local package
- npm dependencies and devDependencies
- Node.js event loop
- Understanding process.nextTick()
- Understanding setImmediate()
- Node event emitter
- Set up an HTTP server
- Use Node to make HTTP requests
- Node fs module
- HTTP request in Node using Axios
- Use Node to read files
- Node file path
- Write file with Node
- Node file statistics
- Use file descriptors in Node
- Use folders in Node
- Node path module
- Node http module
- Combine WebSockets with Node.js
- Basic knowledge of using MySQL and Node
- Error handling in Node.js
- Pug Guide
- How to read environment variables from Node.js
- How to exit from Node.js program
- Node os module
- Node event module
- Node, the difference between development and production
- How to check if a file exists in Node.js
- How to create an empty file in Node.js
- How to delete files using Node.js
- How to get the last update date of a file using Node.js
- How to write a JSON object to a file in Node.js
- Why use Node.js in the next project?
- Run web server from any folder
- How to use MongoDB with Node.js
- Use Chrome DevTools to debug Node.js applications
- What is pnpm?
- Node.js runtime v8 options list
- How to solve the "missing write access permission" error when using npm
- How to enable ES modules in Node.js
- How to use Node.js to generate child processes
- How to get the parsed body and the original body at the same time in Express
- How to handle file upload in Node.js
- What is the peer dependency in the node module?
- How to write a CSV file using Node.js
- How to use Node.js to read CSV files
- Node core module
- Use Node.js to increase the number of multiple folders at once
- How to print canvas to data URL
- How to create and save images using Node.js and Canvas
- How to download images using Node.js
- How to batch rename files in Node.js
- How to get the names of all files in a folder in Node
- How to use promise and wait function based on Node.js callback
- How to test NPM packages locally
- How to check the current Node.js version at runtime
- How to use Sequelize to interact with PostgreSQL
- Use Node.js to serve HTML pages
- How to solve the error that util.pump in Node.js is not a function