A kindRoustaboutImage is aContainer template.
Everything starts with the Docker image.
When you tell Docker to create a container from an image using
docker run, It will work its magic (creating a file system, initializing dependencies, etc.), and then creating a container.
Picture has been createdFrom aDocker fileuse
docker buildCommands, they can be stored locally or published in the Docker registry, for exampleDocker hub, Where you can store public and private images.
If you visithttps://hub.docker.com/You will see a lot of images that you can use freely without having to create your own images.
Usually, these images are official and produced by the development team behind the specific technology.
For example, this is the official Node.js Docker image:https://registry.hub.docker.com/_/node.
We will discuss more about how to use images and containers shortly.
More docker tutorials:
- Introduction to Docker
- Introduction to Docker images
- Introduction to Docker containers
- Install Docker on macOS
- The first step to use Docker after installation
- Use Docker Desktop to manage containers
- Create a simple Node.js Hello World Docker container from scratch
- What to do if the Docker container exits immediately
- Use Docker containers from the command line
- Use Docker image from the command line
- Share Docker images on Docker Hub
- How to access files outside the Docker container
- How to commit changes to the Docker image
- Update the deployed container based on the Docker image