Understand the meaning and importance of CSS cascade
Cascade is the basic concept of CSS. After all, its name itself is the first C language of CSS-cascading style sheets-it must be an important thing.
What does it mean?
Cascading is the process or algorithm that determines the attributes applied to each element on the page..
Try to converge from the list of CSS rules defined everywhere.
Consider the following factors when doing so:
- Sort in files
It is also responsible for resolving conflicts.
Two or more CSS rules competing for the same attribute need to be applied to the same element according to the CSS specification to determine which one needs to be applied.
Even if your page only loads one CSS file, the other CSS will become part of the process. We have browser (user agent) CSS. The browser comes with a set of default rules, which vary from browser to browser.
Then your CSS comes into play.
The browser will then apply any user style sheet, and browser extensions may also apply that style sheet.
All these rules will come into play when the page is rendered.
Download mine for freeCSS Manual
More CSS tutorials:
- Flexbox guide
- CSS grid tutorial
- CSS variables (custom attributes)
- Introduction to PostCSS
- CSS guarantees metallicity
- How to center an element using CSS
- CSS system fonts
- How to print HTML with styles
- Getting started with CSS transition
- CSS animation tutorial
- Introduction to CSS
- CSS guide
- How to set up Tailwind with PurgeCSS and PostCSS
- Tail wind cheat sheet
- How to continuously rotate an image using CSS
- Use CSS to make the table responsive
- How to debug CSS by halving
- CSS selector
- CSS cascade
- CSS specificity
- CSS attribute selector
- CSS colors
- CSS Unit
- CSS url()
- CSS typography
- CSS Box model
- CSS position properties
- CSS media queries and responsive design
- CSS function query
- CSS conversion
- How to style a list with CSS
- CSS vendor prefix
- CSS inheritance
- CSS pseudo-classes
- CSS pseudo elements
- Style HTML tables with CSS
- CSS Display property
- CSS calc() function
- CSS border
- Use @import to import CSS files
- CSS error handling
- CSS filter
- CSS Box size
- CSS background
- CSS comments
- CSS fonts
- CSS padding
- CSS float property and clear
- CSS normalization
- CSS z-index property
- How to disable text selection using CSS
- How to use CSS to place items at the bottom of their container
- How to invert colors using CSS
- Responsive front tags in CSS
- Responsive YouTube video embedding
- What is a good CSS breakpoint value for responsive design?
- How to align the center in Flexbox